TL;DW Source: http://t-rav.es/1nepuV5
TL;DW Source: http://t-rav.es/1neqngr
TL;DW Source: http://t-rav.es/1htktpe
So here’s a long delayed post, per usual, but hopefully one that helps me get back on task of what I wrote about in this post. This is the list to rule my 2014 and the year of my 27th being.
Originally, I had planned to write this the week of my 27th birthday. That slipped by, in which this was going to be New Years post… Better late then never? Well here it goes. A list of 27 things I would like to see accomplished ideally by my 27th birthday and no later then the last day of the year.
In no particular order:
- Eat Better
- Meditation time
- Hack my education
- More water consumption
- More exploration in and out of city
- More writing
- More reading
- Better my development skills
- More user groups and interaction throughout the city
- Meet more strangers (but only if they have candy)
- Launch the magical 3 projects by years end
- Use Evernote to maintain ideas on the go
- More pen to paper
- More news consumption
- Find work that makes me happy
- Start podcast ideas
- Clean up my server
- Clean up my computing work environment
- Better workflow management
- No drunk domain buying (unless it’s really good)
- Better sleep habits
- Less judgement, more encouragement
- More completion of ideas
- Cleaner living environment
- Shoot more videos
- Maintain an updated blog
To be honest this is a rough list and I know that a few overlap each other. The point is to have them down in front of me and to share with the world. As I progress through the year and through the list, I will be linking sections of this list to how they are forming.
Idea’s, thoughts, suggestions? Leave them in the in the comments.
Most of you will never meet him. He’ll never be famous or achieve anything that makes the history books. However, he is a man that I admire and can honestly say that I wouldn’t be where I am today without him. Here is a note from him to me, which could be applied to many lives. So I thought I would share it.
Right off the bat I want to say how much I love you all, how much pride I have in each of you. I truly believe that all of you will be a success, if you aren’t already, in all that you set out to do. Remember that to be truly successful you have to have a clear picture of what you want to do, and you have to give it your all. Don’t give in our give up: Go for it!
In my adult life I have learned a few things that I want to share with you. Take it or leave it as you wish.
- Love your family* as much as yourself. There will be times when Family is the one comforting shelter you can find. Turn to Them and They will be There for you. Trust me I know this to be true.
- Respect yourself and those you have contact with. If one does not have respect and faith in oneself, it is hard to have a positive outlook for life. In addition, respect others. People don’t like jerks.
- Don’t procrastinate. In my case procrastination has led to moderately high blood pressure, being overweight, a long list of things that need done. (That should have been done already).
In conclusion, I love you all and want to be “around” you all for many more years. With some changes in myself, and you all not adopting some of my bad habits, I plan to be here for each of you for a long time.
Life is not always easy, but with a positive attitude and strong family connection, it can be easier.
Lastly, STAY IN TOUCH!
I always want to know how you are doing, what’s new, what’s ahead. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life.
May these words help you when you need a word of encouragement again, or maybe for the first time.